Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Should I Be Proud or Stressed Out?

10.30am on the 13th of July, I accompanied my aunt to her clinic appointment. While waiting for her I took the liberty to read 'The Star' newspaper and I came across many interesting articles, some made me laugh and some made me think "what on earth is wrong with today's world.." but those stories I'll save for a later post.

For now however I shall explain to you why my latest post is titled as such. In the newspaper I came across a list of the 18 "excellent" public and private university colleges in the country. These colleges are rated tier 5 (so far no college is rated tier 6 which is the the highest rank) and here's the list in alphabetical order :

1. Curtin University of Technology Sarawak
2. International Islamic University Malaysia
3. International Medical University
4. Management and Science University
5. Monash University Sunway Campus
6. Sunway University College
7. Swinburne University of Technology, Sarawak Campus
8. Taylor's University College
9. The University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus
10. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
11. Universiti Kuala Lumpur
12. Universiti Malaya
13. Universiti Multimedia
14. Universiti Putra Malaysia
15. Universiti Sains Malaysia
16. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
17. Universiti Teknologi Mara
18. Universiti Teknologi Petronas
Note the one highlighted... that's the college I'll be attending, doing a foundation in Mass Communications.
Curtin University of Technology Sarawak Campus

 When I attended the pre-departure briefing last Friday I was told that studying in Curtin will not be easy and I shouldn't expect to pass easily without MUCH effort. The passing mark is high and expectations on the students are higher. Therefore my dilemma... I have always had a problem with studying, may it be revising or doing exercises. My attention span for studying is about as long as the attention span of a year old baby....okay so I'm exaggerating a little. I'd say the longest I can actually focus on studying with no distractions is for just half an hour not more. See my problem??? Hopefully I'll be able to concentrate more as I have the interest and the passion for anything 'mass com'. My future depends on me hitting the books and not to fiddle as Rome burns.

So conclusion.... am I proud or stressed out?

Well as for now I'm proud that I'll soon be attending one of the top tiered colleges in Malaysia! It's a blessing and a golden opportunity and I pray to God that I won't waste this chance of a lifetime. I'll be leaving for college on the 28th of July and Orientation starts on the 2nd of August and I'll only be back home in December for semester break... Ok come to think of it... maybe I am a little stressed out... Eeek HELP!!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Umm.. The good stress. Not the bad one. That'll keep you constantly motivated. Oh, and don't burn out. Have fun but work just as hard. Kay? I'm learning to do the exact same thing too =D